LBA's consultants have conducted planning studies for many new attractions worldwide. Some of these past projects are described below.
Proposed Disney Theme Park (Latin America)
The Walt Disney Company is the leading theme park developer in the world. Its locations include Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Park (Paris), Hong Kong Disneyland, and Shanghai Disneyland. As a senior consultant with Economics Research Associates in the 1980s, John Gerner (LBA's managing director) evaluated locations in Latin America for a proposed Disney theme park.
Fort Monroe Cultural Business Plan (USA)
Fort Monroe is a former military base in Virginia that contains the largest stone fort ever built in America and more than a 100 historic buildings. It is 231 hectares (570 acres) in size. LBA prepared the cultural business plan in 2010 that was part of the interpretive master plan for Fort Monroe's reuse when it closed as an active military base.
Hopi Hari (Brazil)
Hopi Hari is one of the largest theme parks in South America, and is located near Sao Paulo in Brazil. It is 76 hectares (188 acres) in size, and cost USD$220 million to develop. As a subcontractor to International Theme Park Services, John Gerner (LBA's managing director) evaluated the market and financial feasibility of Hopi Hari.
Nanshan Cultural Tourism Zone (China)
The Nanshan Culture Tourism Zone is approximately 27 hectares (67 acres) in size, and contains several tourist attractions. These include the Hainan Culture Park, Felicity and Longevity Park, and Buddhist Culture Park. Its centerpiece is the Guanyin Statue of Hainan, which is currently the fourth tallest statue in the world. As a subcontractor to Economics Research Associates, John Gerner (LBA's managing director) evaluated the feasibility of developing this major tourism project.
La Ronde (Canada)
La Ronde is a theme park in Montreal that is approximately 59 hectares (146 acres) in size. It offers 40 rides, including ten roller coasters. As a subcontractor to Economics Research Associates, John Gerner (LBA's managing director) evaluated the potential of expanding this theme park and adding year-round uses on the site. These uses included a retail entertainment center, waterpark resort hotel, and expanded marina.
Major New Theme Park (China)
Village Roadshow is Australia's largest amusement park operator and owns Warner Bros. Movie World, Sea World, Wet'n'Wild Water World, and other attractions. In 2011, LBA evaluated the market and financial potential of developing a major new attraction in China for Village Roadshow.
Past Consulting Projects
Our managing director, John Gerner, has extensive worldwide experience gained over the past 30+ years. Below are some of his past consulting projects with Leisure Business Advisors LLC (LBA), International Theme Park Services, and Economics Research Associates.
- Theme parks in China, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, and Azerbaijan
- Cultural attraction in China
- Resort in Mongolia
- Water park in the Philippines
- Family entertainment center in Malaysia
- Theme parks in Spain, Russia, Greece, and Cyprus
- Family entertainment center in the Canary Islands
- Nightclub in Rhodes
- Theme park in Morocco
- Tourist attraction in Egypt
- Theme parks in Saudi Arabia and Lebanon
- Museum in the United Arab Emirates
- Theme parks in Brazil, Peru, and Venezuela
- Retail entertainment center in Peru
- Resort in Argentina
- Theme parks in Jamaica and Barbados
- Retail entertainment center in the Dominican Republic
- Family entertainment center in Bermuda
- Theme parks in Canada, Mexico, and the USA
- Museums in Canada and the USA
- Children entertainment centers in Mexico and the USA
- Aquariums in the USA
- Cultural attractions in the USA
- Water parks in the USA
- Waterpark resorts in the USA
- Family entertainment centers in the USA
- Resorts in the USA
- Adventure parks in the USA
- Retail / entertainment centers in the USA
- Artisan center in the USA
- Casino in the USA
- Observation tower in the USA
- Amphitheaters in the USA
- Golf course in the USA
- Restaurants in the USA